Functions and objectives
On the one hand, the women's section supports and assists the ADF and ADF Federations. It promotes the constitution of new municipal or supra-municipal ADFs and the constitution of new ADF Federations. On the other hand, the section studies the problem of urbanization in the urban-forest interface and ensures that the municipalities comply with the regulatory framework.
The main objectives of this section are:
- Assistance and support in the management tasks of the ADF and the ADF federations.
- Drafting of prevention plans in urbanizations.
- Planning of forest fire prevention actions.
- Processing of aid.
- Monitoring in the execution of forestry work.
- Boost in the constitution of new ADFs and new ADF Federations.
- Comprehensive management of road improvement actions, construction of a water reserve point, reduction of fuel load, opening of pastures and opening of defense strips in the municipalities of the Baix Ebre and Montsià regions (2004-2012)
- Constitution of the ADF "Sierra del Montsià" (2005)
- Constitution of the Baix Ebre ADF federation (2006)
- Action plan for the prevention of forest fires in the priority protection perimeter E (5) Sierra de Montsià (2007)
- Improvement of roads suitable for extinguishing forest fires in the Baix Ebre and Montsià regions (2007-2010)
- Construction of water reserve points for the extinction of forest fires (Benifallet, Alcanar, Freginals and Ulldecona)
- Maintenance of the network of water reserve points (2008-2009)
- Promotion of the opening of defense lines against forest fires (2008-2010)
- Training for ADFs in the Baix Ebre region (2007-2010)
The works and actions of the ADF are financed thanks to the help lines of the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Tarragona Provincial Council, in matters of forest management and prevention and extinction of forest fires.
In the process of execution of forestry works there are several phases where different institutions intervene:
- Planning of actions. The CODE technicians plan them in coordination with the ADF and city councils, the Generalitat Natural Environment technicians and the Fire Department technicians.
- Helpline request. It is processed by the CODE team.
- Granting of aid. The competent administration, the Generalitat de Catalunya or the Diputación de Tarragona, depending on the available budget, grants the amounts in whole or in part.
- Execution and certification. The ADF hires a company to carry out the work. The management of the work is done by the CODE team who permanently works with the Natural Environment technicians who certify the work executed.